Kenmore Swimming & Diving ProgramPhilosophy & Expectations
- Expect more of yourself everyday.
- Embrace challenges in practice and competition.
- Be a positive, reliable, trustworthy, and supportive teammate.
- Be a positive role model for the younger members of the swimming program and general community.
- Long-term hard work and dedication are rewarded.
- You get out what you put in.
- The goal is always to make the final swim of the season the fastest. Train and prepare with this focus of objective.
- The Coaching Staff is here to offer advice, support and opportunity - your level of performance is determined by how you take advantage of this.
- Athletics teach life lessons....some good....some bad....
- Mistakes will happen…It is how you respond and move forward from mistakes that define character.
Parent/Athlete/Team Season Expectations
* The official swim season begin on Monday August 19. The regular season runs through the end of October. Those who qualify will advance to the Class, Sectional State qualifier, and/or State meet.
*Practices are an obligation of being part of a this team, and are essential for over-all team success. Practice are held Monday-Saturday for about 2 hours.
*Practice schedules will be communicated with athletes online, via our team website. Conflicts should be discussed with coaches ahead of time. Keep open and honest lines of communication open.
*Meets are generally Tuesdays and Thursdays or Fridays beginning at 5pm.
*The team competes in about 6 dual meets throughout the season, a few non-league meets, plus the NFL A and B Championship meets. Those who qualify will go on to compete in the Class A Championship, State Qualifier Meet, and the State Meet.
*There are no team tryouts, however, all girls will be placed in events (JV or Varsity) based on their times and fitness levels. It is not uncommon for any athlete to compete JV in some meets and Varsity in others.
*Rotating practice schedules will allow for more space to swim, dive, and more individual attention.
*Responses to emails and phone calls from the coaches within 24 hours.Academic Eligibility
- *As per Ken-Ton Athletic Department and Niagara Frontier League policy - YOU MUST BE PASSING A MINIMUM OF FOUR (4) CORE ACADEMIC CLASSES AND PHYSICAL EDUCATION AT THE END OF THE FIRST MARKING PERIOD.
- *The Coaching Staff expects that you will continue to perform in the classroom at this level throughout the season.
- *The Coaching Staff believes that attendance in school is critical for academic achievement, just as attendance at practice is critical for athletic performance.
- *Athletes should be in school at least 6 periods per day to participate in athletics that day.
- *As per Ken-Ton School District policy - YOU MAY NOT PARTICIPATE IN PRACTICES OR COMPETITION IF YOU HAVE BEEN SUSPENDED FROM SCHOOL (INCLUDING OUT OF SCHOOL, AND IN-SCHOOL)
- *The Coaching Staff expects that your behavior best represents the values of the KE Swimming & Diving Program, and your adherence to all school rules and policies.
Physical Education Requirement
- *As per the Ken-Ton Athletic Department Policy - YOU MUST DRESS AND ACTIVELY PARTICIPATE IN ALL PHYSICAL EDUCATION CLASSES.
- *The Coaching Staff believes that athletes need to be physically fit and versatile in their cross training skills and thus fully support this policy.
- * If you do not fulfill this requirement you will NOT be allowed to practice for the day. The PE teachers record student-athlete participation and regularly communicate with all coaches.
- *As per Kenmore Swimming & Diving Team Policy - YOU ARE EXPECTED TO BE AT PRACTICE WITH A POSITIVE AND SUPPORTIVE ATTITUDE ON A DAILY BASIS.
- *Hair appointments, vacations, non-school related functions are NOT valid reasons to miss practice.
- If you must miss practice for another school related function or emergency, it is YOUR responsibility to discuss this with a coach beforehand.
- *IF YOU ARE UNABLE TO ATTEND PRACTICE OR MUST LEAVE SCHOOL EARLY DUE TO AN ILLNESS, PLEASE CONTACT THE COACHING STAFF OFFERING NOTIFICATION.
- *As per district policy, if you are out of practice for medical reasons for more than 5 days, you will need to fill out a new update form and submit it to the nurse. If you are injured and can not swim, the coaching staff and athletic trainers will modify your practice to help facilitate rehabilitation.
- *The Coaching Staff and District Athletic Trainers will modify your practice, help to facilitate rehab, or keep you out of the practice if medically necessary.
- As per Ken-Ton Athletic Department policy – athletes ride the bus to all away contests.
- Only a building administrator may grant you special permission to ride with your parents to a competition in extreme circumstances.
- As per Ken-Ton Athletic Department policy -all athletes ride the bus home from away contests too. If your parent wants to take you home, they should sign the release form that Coach Caci will have on her clip board.
Sportsmanship Policy and Code of Conduct- click here