How to Request A Teacher's or Principal's Annual Professional Performance Review (APPR) Composite Score and Rating
Parents/Guardians have a right under New York State Law to receive the APPR Composite Score and Effectiveness Rating of their child's CURRENT teacher(s) and/or principal. On September 30, 2013 the Kenmore -Town of Tonawanda UFSD Board of Education approved Board Policy #6130 which regulates this process.
On this page you will find copies of the policy and regulations as well as the form used to request the scores and additional documents that explain the APPR and the scoring process.
Policy/Regulation Quick Summary
- Use the attached request form to request scores of teachers and/or principals of the school your child currently attends APPR Scores Request Form
- The form cannot be mailed, emailed or faxed. You must present the form in person at the office of the school where your child currently attends.
- You will be asked for identification in order to verify your request.
- In most cases, the scores will be mailed within a day of your request.
- The score consists of a grade ranging from 0 to 100 and an effectiveness rating as noted below
- 91-100 (Highly Effective), 75-90 (Effective),65-74 (Developing), 0-64 (Ineffective)