Universal Pre-K (UPK) Registration Information
Welcome to the Kenmore Town of Tonawanda
Union Free School District
We are very excited to welcome new families to the District!
Registration will continue until there are no more available slots.
The Town of Tonawanda Union Free School District and the Ken-Ton YMCA are excited to announce that both a Half-Day and Full-Day Universal Preschool Program (UPK) will be offered for the 2021-2022 school year
UPK is a special program funded by the New York State Education Department to provide an early learning experience for the children of eligible families. The traditional classroom-based UPK framework is designed to introduce academics and enhance socialization, physical activity, communication, creative thinking, and prepare your child for kindergarten. Ken-Ton is expected to receive additional funding for children to attend this Full-Day educational program option, based on the number of students enrolled
2021-2022 UPK REGISTRATION
UPK ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
- Your child is required be a Ken-Ton resident.
- To be eligible for UPK for the 21-22 school year which begins September 1, 2021, children must be 4 years of age on or before December 1, 2021.
- Children cannot attend our UPK program if they turn 5 years of age between December 2, 2020, through and including December 1, 2021.
- Current immunization and health exam documentation must be completed and submitted to our office at the time of registration.
- A commitment to attend the Full-Day or Half-Day Program is required. Details Below:
UPK LOCATIONS AND PROGRAMMING INFORMATION
- Hamilton Elementary
- Full-Day classes
- Half-Day classes to be added, if needed
- Holmes Elementary
- 1 Half-Day class (AM or PM option)
- 1 Full-Day class
- Franklin Elementary
- 1 Half-Day class
- Half-Day class: 2.5 hours long AM and PM Options
- Full-Day class: 6 hours long
- Start times will be between 8:30-9:15 staggered based on classroom placement
There is limited availability for the program based on grant funding. This funding allows us to enroll a limited number of students during the 2021-22 school year. Registration will continue until we reach our cap.
BEFORE AND AFTER SCHOOL CARE
The Ken-Ton Family YMCA also provides a fee-based Before and After School Childcare program for the Full Day students at Hamilton Elementary.
- Part Time: 1-3 days per week
- Full Time: 4-5 days per week
- (AM and PM programs fees are separate)
For more information on the Y Before and After School Childcare program for Full Day UPK classes at Hamilton Elementary location, contact the Ken-Ton Family YMCA at 716- 874-5051 or firstname.lastname@example.org. CLICK HERE FOR FULL DETAILS AND PRICING
Please contact the UPK office for more details at (716) 874-5051 or email@example.com.