Device Return Information 2021-2022:
It is important that all District-issued devices such as Chromebooks (along with all charging accessories) are returned based on the following schedule.
IMPORTANT 2021-2022 END OF THE YEAR TECHNOLOGY UPDATES FOR KEN-TON PARENTS & FAMILY MEMBERS
Who will RETURN their device and charger at the end of the 21-22 school year?
- Grade K-4
- Grade 12
- Any student NOT returning to Ken-Ton in September
Who will KEEP their device over the summer?
- ALL STUDENTS CURRENTLY IN GRADES 5-11 will keep their device over the summer.
- Students currently in Grades 5-11 should bring their device and charger home over the summer, and return with the same device and charger in September.
- Seniors who are attending summer school should keep their device.
How can a student purchase a replacement charger or replacement device?
- Use My School Bucks account. Directions are linked here.
Who will receive a new device next school year (September, 2022)?
- Students entering Grade 5 in September will receive their new device at 5th Grade Orientation.
- Students entering Grade 9 in September will swap their current Chromebook for a new one on the first day of school. Grade 9 students will receive a new device when the old device and charger are returned in September.
How can my student properly use their school-issued device over the summer?
RESOURCES FOR PARENTS TO SUPPORT STUDENT USE OF TECHNOLOGY
THIS SUMMER AND BEYOND
In Ken-Ton, we believe that parents are partners in supporting the growth and education of our students. CLICK HERE for some resources that help parents learn to support children and their responsible, respectful and safe use of technology. Topics include: Children, Online Safety and Social Media, Summer Learning Experiences, and Supporting the Growth of Digital Citizens.