2022-2023 Universal Pre-K (UPK)
Welcome to the Kenmore Town of Tonawanda
Union Free School District
We are very excited to welcome new families to the District!
Availability for the UPK program is based on grant funding. This funding allows us to enroll a limited number of students during the 2022-2023 school year. There will not be a lottery for the 2022-2023 school year. All registrations received by Friday, May 27, 2022 have been accepted. We will continue UPK registrations for the current school year until there are no more available openings.
Registration for 2023-2024 Universal Pre-K will begin in March 2023. Please do not submit registrations before then. Thank you!
The Town of Tonawanda Union Free School District and the Ken-Ton YMCA are excited to announce that both a Half-Day and Full-Day Universal Preschool Program (UPK) will be offered for the 2022-2023 school year
UPK is a special program funded by the New York State Education Department to provide an early learning experience for the children of eligible families. The traditional classroom-based UPK framework is designed to introduce academics and enhance socialization, physical activity, communication, creative thinking, and prepare your child for kindergarten. Ken-Ton is expected to receive additional funding for children to attend this Full-Day educational program option, based on the number of students enrolled
2022-2023 UPK REGISTRATION
UPK ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
- Your child is required be a Ken-Ton resident.
- To be eligible for UPK for the 22-23 school year which begins September 1, 2022, children must be 4 years of age on or before December 1, 2022.
- Children cannot attend our UPK program if they turn 5 years of age between December 2, 2021, through and including December 1, 2022.
- Current immunization and health exam documentation must be completed and submitted to our office at the time of registration.
- Parents/guardians must be able to transport their children to and from school every day. Transportation for UPK is not provided by the District.
- A commitment to attend the Full-Day or Half-Day Program is required. Details Below:
UPK LOCATIONS AND PROGRAMMING INFORMATION
- Hamilton Elementary
- Full-Day classes
- Half-Day classes to be added, if needed
- Holmes Elementary
- 1 Half-Day class (AM or PM option)
- 1 Full-Day class
- Franklin Elementary
- 1 Half-Day class
- Half-Day class: 2.5 hours long AM and PM Options
- Full-Day class: 6 hours long
- Start times will be between 8:30-9:15 staggered based on classroom placement
There is limited availability for the program based on grant funding. This funding allows us to enroll a limited number of students during the 2022-2023 school year. We will continue to register students for the UPK program until there are no more openings.
BEFORE AND AFTER SCHOOL CARE
The Ken-Ton Family YMCA also provides a fee-based Before and After School Childcare program for the Full Day students at Hamilton Elementary.
- Part Time: 1-3 days per week
- Full Time: 4-5 days per week
- (AM and PM programs fees are separate)
For more information on the Y Before and After School Childcare program for Full Day UPK classes at Hamilton Elementary location, contact the Ken-Ton Family YMCA at 716- 874-5051 or firstname.lastname@example.org. CLICK HERE FOR FULL DETAILS AND PRICING
Please contact the UPK office for more details at (716) 874-8419 or email@example.com.
After registration is complete, the following enrollment form is required to be completed and submitted to the YMCA: YMCA UPK Program Post-Registration Enrollment Form
Link to UPK Timeline for 2022-2023 once registration is complete: UPK TIMELINE LETTER 2022-2023
Link to UPK Letter of Acceptance for 2022-2023 for all registrations received by May 27, 2022: UPK ACCEPTANCE LETTER 2022-2023