Dignity for All Students Act (DASA)
Report Bullying: Click here to report bullying using the anonymous Bullying Incident Reporting Form and to learn more about this reporting mechanism.
The District seeks to create a safe environment free of harassment, bullying, and discrimination; to foster civility in its schools; and to prevent conduct that is inconsistent with its educational mission. The District, therefore, prohibits all forms of harassment and bullying of students by employees or other students on school property and at school functions. The District further prohibits discrimination against students, including, but not limited to, discriminatory acts based on a person's actual or perceived race, color, weight, national origin, ethnic group, religion, religious practice, disability, sexual orientation, gender, or sex by school employees or other students on school property and at school functions that take place at locations off school property. In addition, other acts of harassment, bullying, or discrimination that can reasonably be expected to materially and substantially disrupt the education process may be subject to discipline or other corrective action.
More information on the NYS Dignity for All Students Act can be found at www.p12.nysed.gov/dignityact.
Dignity Act Coordinators:In accordance with the District's Discrimination, Harassment and the Dignity for All Students Act Policy, each school maintains at least one Board-appointed Dignity Act Coordinator (DAC) who is trained in dealing with human-relations situations with respect to the areas of race, color, weight, national origin, ethnic group, religion, religious practice, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, and sex. The DACs will oversee programs designed to raise the sensitivity of students and staff to these human relations situations in their respective locations and will play an active role in prevention, intervention, and follow up to incidents of harassment or discrimination.School Dignity Act Coordinators are:
- Kenmore East: Patricia Busch, 716-874-8402 ext. 22531
- Kenmore West: Michele Taberski, 716-874-8401 ext. 21529
- Big Picture Program: Nadine Brown 716-874-8403 ext. 32328
- Franklin Middle School: Matt Gourlay 716-874-8404 ext. 25526
- Hoover Middle School: Kathy Vittum 716-874-8405 ext. 23523
- Edison Elementary: Kristina Pieczonka 716-874-8416 ext. 28213
- Franklin Elementary: Rebecca Kobielski 716-874-8415 ext. 26214
- Holmes Elementary: Emily West 716-874-8423 ext. 29120
- Hoover Elementary: Susan Sperrazza 716-874-8414 ext. 24000
- Lindbergh Elementary: Mindy Albanesi 716-874-8410 ext. 27520