Dignity for All Students Act (DASA)
Report Bullying: Click here to report bullying using the anonymous Bullying Incident Reporting Form and to learn more about this reporting mechanism.
The District seeks to create a safe environment free of harassment, bullying, and discrimination; to foster civility in its schools; and to prevent conduct that is inconsistent with its educational mission. The District, therefore, prohibits all forms of harassment and bullying of students by employees or other students on school property and at school functions. The District further prohibits discrimination against students, including, but not limited to, discriminatory acts based on a person's actual or perceived race, color, weight, national origin, ethnic group, religion, religious practice, disability, sexual orientation, gender, or sex by school employees or other students on school property and at school functions that take place at locations off school property. In addition, other acts of harassment, bullying, or discrimination that can reasonably be expected to materially and substantially disrupt the education process may be subject to discipline or other corrective action.
More information on the NYS Dignity for All Students Act can be found at www.p12.nysed.gov/dignityact.
Dignity Act Coordinators:In accordance with the District's Discrimination, Harassment and the Dignity for All Students Act Policy, each school maintains at least one Board-appointed Dignity Act Coordinator (DAC) who is trained in dealing with human-relations situations with respect to the areas of race, color, weight, national origin, ethnic group, religion, religious practice, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, and sex. The DACs will oversee programs designed to raise the sensitivity of students and staff to these human relations situations in their respective locations and will play an active role in prevention, intervention, and follow up to incidents of harassment or discrimination.School Dignity Act Coordinators for the 2021-2022 school year are:
- Patricia Busch, Kenmore East (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Michelle Taberski, Kenmore West (email@example.com)
- Cindy Backlund, Franklin Middle School (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Kathy Vittum, Hoover Middle School (email@example.com)
- Kristina Pieczonka, Edison Elementary (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Rebecca Kobielski, Franklin Elementary (email@example.com)
- Emily West, Holmes Elementary (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Alana DePoint, Hoover Elementary (email@example.com)
- Cheryl Hubert, Lindbergh Elementary (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Nadine Brown & Kevin Kruger, Big Picture Program (email@example.comfirstname.lastname@example.org)