NYS Travel Guidelines
With mid-winter recess and spring recess approaching, we ask all families to review the Department of Health guidelines that schools are required to follow before planning any out-of-state or international travel. These guidelines are in place to keep our students, staff, and families safe by reducing the spread of COVID-19.
Any travelers from New York State to a noncontiguous state (noncontiguous states are any state other than Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Connecticut, Massachusetts and Vermont), a U.S. Territory, or a country designated as “Level 2” or higher by the CDC are required to quarantine for 10 days after their return unless they meet the following requirements:
For travelers who were out-of-state for more than 24 hours:
- Travelers must obtain a COVID-19 test within three days of departure, prior to arrival in New York.
- Travelers must quarantine for 4 days upon arrival in New York. The day you arrive is Day 0 and the following day is Day 1.
- On Day 4 of quarantine, the traveler must obtain another COVID test. If both tests are negative, the traveler may exit quarantine early upon receipt of the second negative diagnostic test.
- In the absence of two negative test results, travellers must quarantine for 10 days.
For travelers who were out-of-state for less than 24 hours:
- The traveler does not need a test prior to their departure from the other state, and does not need to quarantine upon arrival in New York State.
- However, the traveler must fill out our traveler form upon entry into New York State, and take a COVID diagnostic test 4 days after their arrival in New York.
- In the absence of a negative test result, travellers must quarantine for 10 days.
Please be aware that requests to participate in virtual learning for the purposes of vacation or travel will not be approved.
As has always been the case, students who are not present from their regularly scheduled instruction will be marked as absent. Per District policy, vacation or travel is not a valid excuse for an absence, and the absence will be marked as unexcused. Students will be required to make up any missed learning including assessments, projects, or any other work that was assigned during that period in order to make adequate academic progress.
We thank all of our families for their cooperation and assistance keeping everyone safe and reducing the spread if COVID-19!