Parent and Family Page!Parental involvement is indispensable to an ELL student’s success!ENL teachers will make every effort to maintain continuous contact with parents regarding a child’s progress. Translators can be arranged through the school district for teacher/parent communication.
Communication will take place through the following means:
- Parents will receive a letter documenting their child’s placement in the ENL program each Fall
- Parents will be invited to open houses and school orientation
- Parents will be scheduled for biannual parent/teacher conferences
- Parents will receive testing notification for state testing.
- Some schools will have monthly parent meetings. The school will provide translators.
Resources AvailableHere is an orientation video that informs parents about ELL programs in New York State. It is available in 9 languages.
biling/bilinged/parent- information/parent- orientation-videos.htmlThis is a parent hotline available in 10 languages. It provides parents and guardians with information about their rights and services for their children who are ELLs.
General Parent Resources from OBE-WL:
Last Modified on May 25, 2016