Providing our students with the supports, tools, and diverse opportunities needed to meet the challenges of an ever-changing world
- Lindbergh Elementary
11 Students Take Part in WNY Virtual Invention Convention
Students from public and non-public elementary schools throughout the Ken-Ton School District took park in the second annual Invention Convention on March 4. A total of 15 finalists were selected for the Western New York Invention Convention which was to take place in May. This year, because of the pandemic, it took place virtually.
Gifted/talented (CLASS Program) teacher and Invention Convention coordinator Patricia Rosenhahn was very proud to announce that 11 students had provided videos of their work for the virtual competition, and several Ken-Ton students were recognized and distinguished for their projects.
- Makayla Wilkins from Edison Elementary won second-place overall in the Gr. 4-8 category. She won one week of in-person or virtual summer camp donated by "Camp Invention," and she also is among the top five finalists who will attend the virtual National Finals hosted by the Henry Ford Museum of Innovation in Dearborn Michigan which will take place on July 2.
- Evey Sciandra from Lindbergh Elementary was highlighted for her explanation of her "Marker Inker”
- Mary Fabiano from St. John's Elementary was highlighted showcasing her "Attendance Scanner"
- Oriana Landrigan-Frograso from Franklin Elementary with the "Adjustable Swingset" won Best Universal Product
- Collin Delmar from Hoover Elementary with his "Cake Cutter 2000" won Best Cooking Product
- Maximus Carter from Edison Elementary with his "Diet Sensor" won Most Visionary
All of the students did a phenomenal job representing and showcasing their inventions in the videos and will receive a T-shirt.
For a video of the virtual awards ceremony, click here:
All of the students’ videos can be found at the following links:
- Maximus Carter - Diet Sensor - Edison Elementary: https://youtu.be/3LWC9a0jWNQ
- Makayla Wilkins - Dancing Suitcase - Edison Elementary: https://youtu.be/twuzfclBqOA
- Oriana Landrigan-Frograso - Adjustable Swing Set - Franklin Elementary: https://youtu.be/1RJf3XLROsc
- Grace Mayle - Teeth Scanner - Franklin Elementary: https://youtu.be/EtVw42pRLJw
- Josh Strauss - Playground Sensor Pads - Franklin Elementary: https://youtu.be/u6T5MUkPXh4
- Cassandra Long - Epic Cart - Lindbergh Elementary: https://youtu.be/aE6E3Pc3ZhM
- Evey Sciandra - Marker Inker - Lindbergh Elementary: https://youtu.be/ZYSFtGZ3yu0
- Mary Fabiano - Attendance Scanner - Parochial Schools: https://youtu.be/Csld1tszHXM
- Collin Delmar - Cake Cutter 2000 - Hoover Elementary: https://youtu.be/YCm3N9IIPVY
- Joseph Riggie - Helpful Table - Hoover Elementary: https://youtu.be/VEUpxNYcZEE
- Willow Czerwinski - Super Swinger - Hoover Elementary: https://youtu.be/WUAamc9YAAo