• Black and white photo of the original building

    Kenmore Junior/Senior High School opened in 1924 as Kenmore High School.  The original building was essentially the front face of the current school; the building was expanded in 1928 to its current size.  

    As the district continued to grow, a "new" Kenmore Senior High School was built at the corner of Highland Parkway and Delaware Road and our building was renamed Kenmore Junior High School.  In 1982, the name was adjusted to Kenmore Middle School.

    When the district consolidated buildings and adjusted grade levels at each level in 2016, Kenmore Middle School was closed.  However, the building was still used for education; the Big Picture Program relocated here from the Philip Sheridan Building.  As the Big Picture Program expanded to include grades 7-12 and the Crossroads Academy was added to the building, New York State approved renaming the building to Kenmore Junior/Senior High School.

    Learn more about the district's history here, and see old yearbooks from our building here.