Kenmore-Town of Tonawanda UFSD
Providing our students with the supports, tools, and diverse opportunities needed to meet the challenges of an ever-changing world
- Kenmore Town of Tonawanda UFSD
- Ken-Ton Art News
- Art Department
- Meet Our Faculty
- District Art Shows 2021
- Ken-Ton Art News
- NYS Standards for the Visual Arts
- Art Career Pathways
- High School Course Descriptions
- Kenmore East 2020 Art Show
- Kenmore West 2020 Art Exhibition
- Ken-Ton School District 2020 Art Gallery
- Art Supply Lists
- Love the Skin You're In
Ken-Ton Celebrates Art Students & Board of Education
The Ken-Ton School District celebrated the amazing talents of 10 student artists and the dedicated service of our Board of Education at a special event on October 18. The annual Student Artist Reception and Board of Education Appreciation Night is held each year during School Board Recognition Week in October. The event recognizes the importance of art in our schools and the service of school board members as well.
Art teachers from across the district selected one student artist from each school to be recognized at this year’s reception. The students’ artwork, created during the 2021-22 school year, was framed and displayed in the Community Room at the Kenmore Middle School Building. Next year, it will be moved and displayed at Kenmore Mercy Hospital before returning to the district.
The students, the title of their work, and their art teachers were:
- Camden Mack, Edison Elementary School, "Sweet as a Strawberry" (Teacher: Wendy Yiengst)
- Elena Paone, Franklin Elementary School, "Bright Space" (Teacher Lisa Mihelbergel)
- Samuil Yakubovich, Franklin Middle School, "Jump" (Teacher: Lisa Mihelbergel)
- Lilyana Whelan Mazur, Holmes Elementary School, "The Sunshine Flower" (Teacher: Diane Schaefer)
- Rhiley Gilbert, Hoover Elementary School, "Beauty of the Jungle" (Teacher: Jennifer Lynch)
- Ronan Swiatek, Lindbergh Elementary School, "Peaceful" (Teacher: Linsey Buchlis)
- Jaeda Morgan, Big Picture Program, "Rosalina" (Teacher: Jennifer Leone)
- Fiona Cross, Hoover Middle School (currently at Kenmore West), "Death of Paradise" (Gina McCartney)
- Liliia Koliadych, Kenmore East High School, "Mushroom Fever" (Teacher: Matthew Sagurney)
- Elda Cocaj, Kenmore West High School, "Cat" (Teacher: Amy Veltri)
Artwork by Lilyana and Elda were selected be duplicated, framed, and presented to each Board of Education member as a token of gratitude for their service.
The annual Student Artist Reception and Board of Education Appreciation Night is coordinated each year by District Clerk Gina Santa Maria and District Art Coordinator Denise Carr. The event coincides with New York State School Boards Association School Board Recognition Week, which is observed throughout New York State to reflect on and thank Board of Education members for their service.
In Ken-Ton, the school district is governed by five dedicated trustees who volunteer their time to serve the students of the district: Board President Matthew Chimera, Board Vice President Lesley Battaglia, Trustee Jennifer Morrow, Trustee Todd Marquardt, and Trustee Paul Spors.