Big Picture Program
Providing our students with the supports, tools, and diverse opportunities needed to meet the challenges of an ever-changing world
- Big Picture Program
Kindergarten & Universal Pre-Kindergarten Registration
Starting in January, parents will be able to complete Kindergarten registration at home on their own computer or contact the Central Registration Department for *Kiosk registration dates and hours. Please Note: this process will only work when using a desktop or laptop computer.
Helpful Hints Before You Begin:
- Have the following information available for all students in your household:
- Student’s FULL Name (First, Middle, Last)
- Student’s Date of Birth
- Write down your application number for reference
- Review the list of Required Documents and gather them to upload
- Parents will need a valid email address
*OLR Kiosks are available at 1500 Colvin Blvd, Buffalo, NY 14223 for parents/guardians to complete the enrollment process if needed. Call (716) 871-2090 for an appointment.
DATES FOR KINDERGARTEN REGISTRATION ONLY
- January 4-8: Holmes Elementary School and Hoover Elementary School (Kindergarten registration only)
- January 11-15: Franklin Elementary School and Lindbergh Elementary School (Kindergarten registration only)
- January 19-22: Edison Elementary School (Kindergarten registration only)
January 20 is a holiday and Central Registration will be closed on this date
DATES FOR UNIVERSAL PRE-KINDERGARTEN ONLY
- March 1-5: Universal Pre-Kindergarten
If a parent/guardian does not have a computer at home, Online Registration Kiosk appointments may be scheduled from 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. and extended hours will be offered on the following Wednesdays from 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Kindergarten Registration extended hours:
- Wednesday, January 6, 2020
- Wednesday, January 13, 2020
- Wednesday, January 20, 2020
Universal Pre-K Registration extended hours:
- Wednesday, March 3, 2020
To be eligible for Kindergarten, children must be five years of age on or before December 1, 2021.
To be eligible for Universal Pre-K, children must be four years of age on or before December 1, 2021. A child cannot turn five years of age between December 2, 2020, through and including December 1, 2021, to be eligible for Universal Pre-K.
Online Registration instruction letters will be mailed to our current eligible residents.
At the time of registration, parents should have with them their child’s original birth certificate or baptismal certificate, their child’s current immunizations and physical, parent photo ID, and two current proofs of the parent’s residence.
Parents who expect to register a child in a non-public school for Kindergarten will need to complete a Private/Parochial/Charter School online registration. Please contact the Central Registration office for details.