Unit 7-Global Warming Issues
- Green house gases (GHGs) maintain the temperature of Earth at a suitable level for life.
- Human activities increase the amount of GHGs in the atmosphere.
- Increased GHGs may lead to warming of the atmosphere and climate change.
- Increased GHGs may alter weather patterns, shift biomes and increase sea levels.
- Feedback mechanisms are very complex and changes may lead to positive or negative feedback.
- Governments and individuals can act to reduce GHG emissions.
- There is still much controversy and varying perceptions about global warming.
Green house gas GHG green house emissions antrhopogenic enhanced greenhouse effect radiative forcing clathrates carbon dioxide/carbon sink carbon budget Gt C ice cores IPCC carbon emissions carbon offset carbon taxes
Last Modified on February 23, 2015