The objectives reflect those parts of the aims that will be assessed. It is the intention of the environmental systems and societies course that students should achieve the following objectives.
- Demonstrate an understanding of information, terminology, concepts, methodologies and skills with regard to environmental issues.
- Apply and use information, terminology, concepts, methodologies and skills with regard to environmental issues.
- Synthesize, analyze, and evaluate research questions, hypotheses, methods and scientific explanations with regard to environmental issues.
- Using a holistic approach, make reasoned and balanced judgments using appropriate economic, historical, cultural, socio-political and scientific sources.
- Articulate and justify a personal viewpoint on environmental issues with reasoned argument while appreciating alternative viewpoints, including the perceptions of different cultures.
- Demonstrate the personal skills of cooperation and responsibility appropriate for effective investigation and problem solving.
- Select and demonstrate the appropriate practical and research skills necessary to carry out investigations with due regard to precision.
External assessment (written papers, 3 hours) 80% Paper 1-1 hour (45 marks) 30% Paper 2-2 hours (65 marks) 50% Internal assessment (30 hours) 20% Internal PSOW laboratory work
Last Modified on February 23, 2015