Welcome Freshmen!Here are some things you should know about the Engineering & Technology Department at Ken East.1. We offer several "Freshmen Friendly" courses that have no prerequisite.
2. A five unit sequence of Technology Education courses allows a student to opt-out of the World Languages requirement for an Advanced Regents diploma3. Engineering & Technology Education fits in very-well for students interested in the IB program while offering the opportunity to prepare for college and today's HIGH TECH careers!4. Remember ... there are 9 Class periods per day in the high school, including lunch. There is plenty of room in every student's schedule for Engineering & Technology Education classes!5. Design & Drawing for Production (DDP) can count as your required Art/Music credit or as an elective.
Typical 9th Grade Schedule:
4. Social Studies
6. Phys. Ed. / Science Lab / Study Hall (rotating days)
7. (Art/Music/Design Requirement) Design & Drawing for Production (DDP)
8. (Elective) Basic Electricity / Media Design & Video Production
9. (Elective) Tool Time 1 & 2
This schedule allows for at least 3 full credits in Engineering & Technology Education!