Parent Portal User Expectations
The Internet and secure web access have altered the ways that confidential information may be accessed, communicated, and transferred by members of society. Those changes are influencing instruction and student learning. The School Board supports access by parents/guardians, teachers, and administrators to informational resources that will improve participation in a child’s education and improve communication between students, parents/guardians and the student’s teachers.
The Kenmore Town of Tonawanda School District manages student information electronically and will make the student education records available for viewing only to authorized parents/guardians with a secure connection over the Internet. All parents/guardians will comply with all technology regulations/procedures, as well as all other District policies that may apply.Electronic Access to Student Information Regulation
Kenmore Town of Tonawanda School District uses a secure Internet site to enable electronic access to student information; enhancing communication between our parents/guardians, teachers, principals, and administrators.A) Rights and Responsibilities
This access is a free service offered to current parents/guardians of the Kenmore Town of Tonawanda School District. Access to student information from the Internet is a privilege, not a right. Only after a family has enrolled their child(ren) in Kenmore Town of Tonawanda School District will a parent/guardian be authorized to activate a web account. Once a student withdraws or graduates from Kenmore Town of Tonawanda School District their access will be inactivated. Parents/guardians and staff must understand and practice proper and ethical use.
B) Information Accuracy Responsibilities
Information accuracy is the joint responsibility between schools and parents/guardians. Each school will make every attempt to ensure information is accurate and complete. If a parent/guardian discovers any inaccurate information, they will notify their school immediately and provide proof of the inaccurate information.
C) Use of the SystemParents/guardians are required to adhere to the following guidelines:1) Parents/guardians will act in a responsible, ethical and legal manner.
2) Parents/guardians will not attempt to harm or destroy the school or the district’s data or networks.
3) Parents/guardians will not attempt to access Information or any account assigned to another user.
4) Parents/guardians will not use this Internet site for any illegal activity, including violation of Federal and State Data Privacy laws. Anyone found to be in violation of these laws would be subject to Civil and/or Criminal prosecution.
5) Parents/guardians who identify a security problem within the Portal must notify their school immediately, without demonstrating the problem to anyone else.
6) Parents/guardians will not share their password with anyone, including their own child(ren).
7) Parents/guardians will not set their computer to automatically login to the Internet site.
8) Parents/guardians identified as a security risk will be denied access to the site.
D) Security Features
1) Access is made available with a secure Internet site.
Note: Account holders are responsible for not sharing their passwords and to properly protect or destroy any printed/electronic documentation generated from this site.
2) Five unsuccessful login attempts will disable the user’s account. Until the school has verified the assigned user to the locked account, the account will remain locked. In order to use the account again the user will need to contact IC Portal Support at:
3) The users will be automatically logged off if they leave their web browser open and inactive for a period of time
4) The student’s account will be inactivated when the student withdraws or graduates from withdraws or graduates from Kenmore Town of Tonawanda School District.
5) The Parent/guardian account will be inactivated when all their child(ren) have either withdrawn or graduated from Kenmore Town of Tonawanda School District, or a court action denies the parent/guardian access to the student’s information.Section II: System Support:
A) Support1) For Technical Support email to:
B) Limitation of School District Liability
The Kenmore Town of Tonawanda School District will use reasonable measures to protect student Information from unauthorized viewing. The District will not be responsible for financial obligations arising through unauthorized use of the District's system or Internet. The District does not promise any particular level or method of access to the Internet site for viewing student Information. The District will not be responsible for actions taken by the parent/guardian or student that would cause compromise of their student Information. The District reserves the right to limit or terminate the Internet site for viewing student Information without notice. All parents/guardians of the District network consent to electronic monitoring and understand that this is a private network used as an educational tool by Kenmore Town of Tonawanda School District employees. Account activity is electronically recorded.