Kenmore West High School Dance & PromInformation and Expectations
The Kenmore West High School sponsored dances and events provide our students a special opportunity to gather in a social and recreational setting within the school building. Our school and district have taken several proactive measures to ensure that all students are safe at school dances. The Ken-Ton School District also has a zero tolerance Anti-Harassment Policy. Any student who engages in this type of conduct before, during, or after a school dance/event (on or off school property) will be subject to school disciplinary action and criminal charges.
Start/End Times: All school dances will begin at 7:00 PM and end at 10:00 PM.
Eligibility: Students must be academically eligible and in good standing to attend school dances and proms.
Entrance/Exit Procedures: Students will enter all dances through doors 9 or 11. Students are not permitted to bring any bags or liquids into the dance. Only small purses will be permitted and must be searched before entering the dance.
Valid School Student ID: Students must present a valid school picture ID at the entrance in order to be admitted into any school dance, ball, or prom.
- Comply with Code of Conduct rules and expectations
- Follow staff directions
- Maintain personal space and property
- Offer help when you see a need
- Speak quietly (without swearing or insults)
- Clean up after yourself/recycle
- Alert staff to potential safety/security emergencies
- Refrain from taking any videos or pictures (unless authorized by staff)
Drugs and Alcohol:
- Any KW student observed to be in possession or under the influence of drugs or alcohol at a school dance will be barred from participating in any dances, balls, or proms for the remainder of the school year and be subject to school discipline and legal consequences.
- If a student is suspected to be under the influence of drugs or alcohol and refuses to consent to a sobriety check, they will be barred from participating in any dances, balls, or proms for the remainder of the school year and be subject to school discipline and legal consequences.
- Any KW student who engages in a physical fight/altercation at a school dance, ball, or prom will be barred from participating in any dances, balls, or proms for the remainder of the school year and be subject to school discipline and legal consequences.
Grade 8 Mixer Dance - Grade 8 KW Students and Link Crew Student Leaders OnlyWelcome Back Dance- ClosedHomecoming Dance- ClosedTinsel Ball - OpenJunior Prom - OpenSenior Prom - Open
- Guests are only permitted to attend open dances, balls, and proms and must complete a guest authorization form and be approved by KW Administration for admittance (available in the main office).
- For an open dance, any guests must complete an authorization form and should bring ID as well.